Clogged Toilet Tips & Advice
The next time you have a clogged toilet or your toilet doesn’t flush properly, try some of these useful tips and advice from the Doctor himself! If you are still experiencing problems, call the Drain Doctor at 1-866-934-5156 for professional, reliable 24 hour service.
- Treat your toilet with respect! Remember that your toilet is NOT a garbage can! Only flush toilet paper – avoid feminine products, kitchen waste or other paper products.
- Maintain good flushing action by applying a descaler through the toilet filler tube in the tank.
- If you have a clogged toilet, use a plunger before calling a professional. Use a lifting motion rather than trying to “push” the obstruction. Plunge up and down 15-20 times.
- If the toilet is till plugged, run your vanity basin tap. If water “gurgles” in the toilet, this indicates that the toilet may need to be removed in order to release the obstruction.
- If your toilet needs to be replaced, you may be eligible for a replacement grant! Call (306) 694-3900 or visit the Saskatchewan Watershed website for more info.
If water is rapidly rising in the toilet bowl, take the lid off the tank as quickly as possible and close the toilet flapper. By closing the toilet flapper, you stop any more water from getting into the toilet bowl.